In this lesson you’ll learn how to make jumpstyle in FL Studio. It’s actually a jumpstyle tutorial that shows you a Jeckyll and Hyde type of song.
How to make jumpstyle
In my opinion, jumpstyle is really easy to make. Of course, you need to know what you’re doing, but it’s not complicated. The melodies can be simple, the elements are straightforward and within no time, you got yourself a jumpstyle song.
In this jumpstyle tutorial, I used the following different elements:
- A jumpstyle kick sample. This is actually my self-modified jumpstyle kick from the previous lesson. Feel free to check it out.
- 2 basic saw leads made with 3x Osc (1 plays a lower octave, the other plays a higher octave). The leads play a catchy jumpstyle melody. It’s important here to use relative short notes and to make a bouncy rhythm.
- A simple bass with a filter made with 3x Osc. This will be used in the break of the song.
- A snare and a ride sample straight from a sample pack.
- And finally, a sweep effect made with 3x Osc.
Jeckyll and Hyde jumpstyle
The only thing we have to do now is put these elements onto the playlist. Of course, try to place them on a logical spot, so it actually sounds like a jumpstyle song. When played together, it really reminds us of Jeckyll and Hyde.
In the next lesson, this snippet will be much better. I added extra elements, new melodies and built a longer song. So, make sure to check out this Epic Jumpstyle Music post!
For this lesson, the following FL Studio stock plugins were used:
- 3x Osc
If you have a question you would like me to answer in a future video or article, you can send it (3-4 paragraphs/500 words max) to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel my content really helps with your music productions, you can show your appreciation by doing one of the following three things:
- Make a donation to my work by clicking here to donate via PayPal every time you feel I have given you a good tip, new knowledge or helpful insight. Whether it’s a buck, $2, $5, $10, $50, or a monthly recurring donation, just pick any amount YOU think is equal to the value you received from my videos, articles, courses, etc.
- Share this website with your friends so they can start learning and improving their music making and producing skills to become successful in this area of their lives too.
- Purchase one of my products on the products page by clicking here. That way, you’ll always have access to my absolute best work. Giving you the last push you might need to get your track to that pro level.
Thank you for your support and please, keep practicing!
Music producer & creator of Screech House