In this lesson you’ll get to see a Sylenth1 hardstyle screech in FL Studio. It’s purely Sylenth1 sound design. There are no external mixer effects that create this hardstyle screech (except for a waveshaper to boost the volume a little bit).
Sylenth1 hardstyle screech preset
When you watch the video you basically see a Sylenth1 hardstyle screech preset in action. It’s important to look at the settings, but also to learn how easy it is to manipulate the sound and change the hardstyle screech completely with just a few tweaks.
I call it a preset, because no external mixer effects are used. You could save this sound as a preset in Sylenth1 and by loading it, you immediately have this exact same sound.
How to make a Sylenth1 hardstyle screech
There are many way to make a Sylenth1 hardstyle screech, but the most important settings are:
- Just pick any waveform you like.
- Distort the signal quite aggressively.
- Use a filter and play with many of the filter settings. Use different filter types, create a filter LFO, envelope, make filter sweeps, etc.
- Optionally, play with the pitch settings, like creating a pitch LFO or using the pitch envelope.
Sounds simple right? It actually is. Within no time you have yourself a cool Sylenth1 hardstyle screech preset, so to speak. Of course, always go back and forth between your settings to tweak and shape the sound to your liking. Just play.
More Sylenth1 hardstyle screeches
If you want more Sylenth1 hardstyle screeches, or just any samples in general, you can download my free Hardstyle Sample Pack. Just click the link. It’s great to get you started with high quality hardstyle samples. But please, also strive to do your own sound design.
In this lesson, the following plugins were used:
- Fruity Waveshaper
If you have a question you would like me to answer in a future video or article, you can send it (3-4 paragraphs/500 words max) to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel my content really helps with your music productions, you can show your appreciation by doing one of the following three things:
- Make a donation to my work by clicking here to donate via PayPal every time you feel I have given you a good tip, new knowledge or helpful insight. Whether it’s a buck, $2, $5, $10, $50, or a monthly recurring donation, just pick any amount YOU think is equal to the value you received from my videos, articles, courses, etc.
- Share this website with your friends so they can start learning and improving their music making and producing skills to become successful in this area of their lives too.
- Purchase one of my products on the products page by clicking here. That way, you’ll always have access to my absolute best work. Giving you the last push you might need to get your track to that pro level.
Thank you for your support and please, keep practicing!
Music producer & creator of Screech House